This is a small post about upgrading to gdal 2.x on a Mac using homebrew.
This is the fourth blog entry in my series ‘Leaflet-Diary’. In my last post Chapter 2: Projections and then some, I talked projections, easy button support and upgrading leaflet to 0.7.7. This one is about phase III, making the Leaflet package extensible and allowing for users to integrate many more Leaflet plugins.
This is the third blog entry in my series ‘Leaflet-Diary’. In my last post Chapter 1: Plugins galore, I talked about upgrading existing plugins and adding any missing functionality to those plugins. This one is about phase II, where I’ve added two extremely powerful features, custom projection support and custom buttons/toolbars and also upgraded Leaflet JS to 0.7.7.
This is the second blog entry in my series ‘Leaflet-Diary’, the first entry was nothing more than me announcing to the world that I’m contracting with RStudio for adding new features to the Leaflet package. This one is about what has been done so far and what’s cooking.
Sometime in Sep./Oct. 2015 I was working on a research effort that required building some web and print maps. Not a whole lot of GIS analysis but simply plotting some data on map for better representation. I had joined the project mid-way and the first editions of the maps were screen shots of Google MapsTM. Needless to say the were aesthetically hideous and not interactive. So I set about to find a better alternative to mapping and stumbled on leaflet for R by RStudio.